Release RCO-tool 2.4.5
with the release of the RCO-tool version 2.4.5 we implemented some exciting and excessively strong features.
In this update we brought the program modules to the centre of attention.
The new functionality of the program module editor is what makes the new RCO-tool so powerful. Now it’s possible to predefine multistage datapoints, weekly and yearly time schedules, directly in the program module and even alarms and menus can be attached.
Additionally we introduced a new type of datapoint for the modules, called „internal“. The purpose of the new type is to focus the programmers attention on the important datapoints by putting the unimportant aside.
This means, less time spent programming the project by the immense potential with pre-configured program modules.
Using these vast possibilities, we added new and fully predefined modules to the library.
For example, a whole heating circuit in one module, with alarms, time schedules, interaction menus and interaction web menus in English as well as German, customized for the RCO680/681.
Heat generators and consumers are fully implemented in the first part, air handling units are in testing right now and will follow shortly.
To make it even easier to handle projects, we also improved the automatic creation of variables. Coming with this version, variables are now created module by module and with the possibility to add a custom prefix for every module. This helps with macros containing more than one plant component and BACnet datapoint compliance.
Duplication of interaction web menus is now possible between controllers of the same project, keeping the datapoint connections. In combination with the advanced program modules, whole sites with remote controllers can be programmed in even less time.
To broaden the range of the already big connection possibilities, we implemented the Modbus TCP/IP protocol in the newest firmware Dx-2-4-51 as well as the RCO-tool. Controllers can be configured as Modbus master or slave devices.
We also added a feature to help the technicians in the field. With a new log file on the SD card it is easier to service sites or simply see, who changed the program recently. When creating a SD card with the RCO-tool, the log file will be created on the card, containing helpful information.
- BACnet externals are now scannable in macros
- Multistage Points can be hidden by user groups
- BACnet externals are now fully implemented in the RCO web
- Indexing of program modules in macros start at 1
- Background of the menu templates in macros are blue for easier distinction
- Filter in datapoint selection windows are saved
- Macro programs can now be renamed
- In interaction web menus a jump to the MAINMENU is now saved properly
- Fixed a reset of the analog output definitions when Replacing a RCO-5xx with a RCO-8xx
- We completely reworked the existing program module library and added a header to every program module, containing a version number as well as a 30 seconds waiting time on the first start of the module.
- Please take a close look at the readme files included in the new RCO-tool 2.4.5 and the program module library 1.5 before installing the new versions.
This content is restricted to site members. If you are an existing user, please log in. New users may register below.